So, if you read Lanette's blog, you'll know that Jay and I have celebrated our 24th Anniversary. Whoo Hoo! Since Sundays are crazy, and Jay doesn't get home until almost 5, we began the celebration on Saturday. After buying pizza for the kids, we drove down south to Medford for dinner and then to Talent for the play, "Moon Over Buffaloe". It was written in the 60's and based on an acting couple and their chance for the big time. I was a bit disappointed with this play. The "COMEDY" was mostly crude and I didn't enjoy it for that reason. The actors were great though and one of them is Jay's co-worker. I'm planning to go to "White Christmas" in December to make up for this one. The theatre itself is quite charming. It's called "Camelot" and it's on Talent Avenue. It only has 125 seats and it's very intimate for everyone in the audience. We were on the back row and still were only about 25 feet from the edge of the stage. Very quaint to have the drama playing out in front and and all around you.A couple years ago, we went to "Man of the Mancha". It was fabulous! Anyway, I do love my "Mr. Jones". If you know him, you'll know what a lucky duck I am! Camelot Theatre LinkPoetry must be in the air, because before reading Lanette's "Tribute" I was planning my own poem for Jay. Maybe I'll post it someday... after a few major improvements.
3 comments:
Happy (belated) Anniversary! I'm sorry the comedy wasn't to your liking. Tim and I went to a play once (an anniversary long, long ago) and I felt the same way. Very annoying.
Yes, you are very blessed to have "Mr. Jones" in your life--but he is SUPER DUPER blessed to have YOU in his!!! (I could be a bit biased in my comment...) ;)
And thanks for calling me on my birthday. That was really, really sweet of you--I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you!
I would love to go see a fun little play at that theater... how was White Christmas?? Bummer the other wasn't that great... I do love going to plays though. Maybe that is what Tim and I will do for our 11 year anniversary this year, go to one in Ashland! those are fun. Have you been there?
Marcee, you've found me. The "WHite Christmas" play is in December '10 and no, I've never been to a play in Ashland. I'm a bit afraid of driving around there. I'm directionally challenged!
Post a Comment