Hello. This is "My Window". For way too many years, I've had kitchen windows that look out to fences or a boring scene. Finally - I've got a window with interest. Last spring, I trimmed the tree out the window so the branches were high. This allowed more light and a better view. To the left of "My Window" I have my mixing stuff - Kitchenaide, baking stuff, counter area. On the left - dishwasher. So I spend A LOT of time
near "My Window". Yesterday, I was doing up some dishes and realized a rainbow out toward the west. It was quiet and subtle - but pretty. Also, I often am rewarded with Robins and Blue Jays. In addition to all this - People! Yeah! We have quite a tribe of folks that walk in our area and so, many of them traipse by our place daily. We try to be friendly by waving and saying "hi." Our neighbor across the street misunderstood my
interest. It was a single woman for the first two years. (Sheesh! Have we been here that long?) Then there was this guy friend that began hanging around. What can I say? HE was interesting. He has long hair that goes past his waist and wears it braided. He also spent many evenings weeding, caring for the lawn and planting new things. I didn't mean to gaulk, but it was something new to watch. Well, unfortunately, I got caught watching. I should have waved and not have felt so guilty. Anyway, "My Window" joy has been a bit diminished since then. Any ideas on how to make it better?
Anyway, that's outside. Inside I have a bamboo plant in a crazy container, a cool whispy shaped box that Jacob made me and just last week, Karina added the mysterious plant. It sat in her room for weeks. She was disappointed that it wasn't doing anything. I suggested that it needed light and wa la - after two days on the window sill, it began sprouting up. The other plant is a remnant of my friends house fire. I took a stalk and I'm giving it time to build new roots. Amazing to watch. Well, That's my life - in front of "My Window."
3 comments:
Caught snooping! Haha =) I wouldn't worry about that. You have every right to look out your window. If you really want to make it better though, I'd stage something for her to snoop at (sit on the lawn with Dad right in her window's view and feed each other bon bons in the rain when you know she is watching. Wear vibrant summer colors so she'll definitely see) and catch her snooping, smile, wave, and she'll probably forget all about your observations being discovered previously.
Your plants are pretty! You'll have to teach us about keeping house plants. We are terrible at it. Someone here in Colorado said that means we can't take care of children well. I beg to differ, but alas, that's a soapbox for another day. Love you!
They'll be glad you look out your window when they need and eye witness! ;) You could always install mini blinds and close them so you can see out but people can't see in when you really wanna spy! Did I tell you about my friend that I used to go walking with? One evening as we started out on our walk (at that time of day where it's beginning to get dark yet everyone has their lights on but they haven't shut their curtains yet) she stopped and said, "I've got to go back home...I forgot my glasses...I won't be able to see inside people's houses!" So see? It goes both ways.
By the way, you'll have to pinch that spotted plant back regularly. It will get 'leggy' quick. :)
Too funny, Lanette. Oh and Karen, thanks for the tip. I actually mean to give it back to my friend after she's in her new house. A house warming gift - from her previous house. Hmmm. Maybe that's weird.
Post a Comment