

Karina came home yesterday with a "Dog Story" and thought I'd share a couple of pictures that documented our family's stories.
When we traveled to England, we wanted to see an old historical home of Jay's ancestor - Henry Lunt. It was called "Mickley Hall." While Jay and his brother were chatting with the current owners, I petted their dog and he seemed to enjoy it.
Last year on the Fourth of July, a neighbors dog ("Lola") got out while her owner was away. What a delightful little thing. She was energetic and curious and only 10 inches tall. But she quickly settled down to enjoy having lots of attention. She was only here for 24 hours, but that was long enough for everyone here to fall in love with her - even Jay became fond of her - calling her Loli!
Now for Karina's experience... She was walking home last night after work and came across a woman walking her dog. Karina explained that the dog was whining while the owner placed something in a back pack that the dog carried. She explained as she did so that if the dog was going to do his 'duty' on the the walk, he could carry it. Karen, I thought you might appreciate such an idea for your walks with Aggie, Maggie or _____. I grew up with at least three dogs that I remember and probably a couple I don't, but it never seemed like a good idea to get one while raising our kids. Probably space being an issue for many years and the fact that I was kept very busy with kids. But I do enjoy them, except the one that bit my leg while assisting my mom with Equal Rights Ammendment protesting in the early 70's.
4 comments:
Does this mean you're going to get a dog??? :) I think you guys would really just love one-- especially now that your kids are all older and a few are out of the house. I love dogs!
Did I say that?
Ha ha, oh Mom :) You know you'd take Lola in a heartbeat. You protested in the 70s? Who knew?! I can't even imagine it ;)
I love dogs too! But definitely cannot imagine raising the kids as well as a dog! LOL
Protesting, eh? Go, Lorinda!
Post a Comment