The end of March, we bought a new "used" car to replace our old Oldsmobile. I chose a Camry so that I could make trips to see my kids in Idaho/Utah and took the first one just last week. For weeks I'd been wishing I could be with David and Lanette for their birthdays. Rachel called me on Wednesday and was all excited because she was going to Provo for her spring break. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to go too. I was feeling left out. So, with Jay's support, I contacted a friend who wanted to go to SLC. I would have left that Saturday, but had some responsibilities at church on Sunday - Sacrament Meeting talk & Relief Society stuff. So - we left Monday morning. Sixteen hours later, I arrived at Lanette's door at 11:15pm. Hoping to surprise Lanette (Rachel and Shaun knew about it)and hoping the porch light would be off, I put on my black coat and hat and walked quietly to their door to hide in the shadows. To my great disappointment, Lanette had wormed the secret out. She's as bad as her mother. Anyway, I enjoyed my eight days in Utah. I tried to stay out of Lanette's hair by crocheting some kitchen scrubbies for her and Rachel, read a few books, helped with dishes, the cooking and Lanette's birthday cake. I enjoyed Shaun's choral concert, a couple of movies, spent a little bit of time with David, participated in a bit of "covetry" at Deseret Book, and visited with Rachel as we drove to Tremonton. My sister Danna lives there and my nephew Johnathan drove Rachel from there to Pocatello. Family is Fantastic! And, if you haven't noticed, I sure love my kids!

3 comments:

Lanette said...

Sorry I wasn't surprised....David was though, so it was still a success! Right? We LOVED having you here, and so appreciated all the nice things you did for us. And thanks for all the food! Our fridge hasn't ever had so much in it. So are there more little trips in the near future? We hope so!

Your blog looks great! I figured out how to take off that "cutest blog" thing if you're interested.

And PS--Clementine came around the mountain. Too bad. I often wish she was lost and gone forever...or a while at least.

Love you lots!

Karen K. said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! I want to go to Utah too!!!!!!! Very funny. I'll bet Sarah and Brett think the same thing about their fridge when I go there. I know the kids comment on OUR fridge and how much is in it when they come home. :) I'm sorry about Clementine. Clementine? You'll have to tell me how that one came about... (I think I'm pretty clever) ;)

Randi said...

That's so awesome that you got to do that! :-)