Twenty months ago, we moved into our home here in Grants Pass. We ignored everything that first fall and just tried to get settle. But the next spring, I noticed a little tree. Though it didn't bloom, it did get leaves and after looking at it, I decided it was a pear tree. So I trimmed off the scrawny branches and tried to shape it a bit, hoping it would be able to bear the weight of fruit. Well to my delight, it bloomed last week. I went out to check out things in the yard, and to my surprise -- it was a Dogwood! I love dogwoods!

2 comments:

Randi said...

The blossoms are beautiful!

McDowell Family said...

Hey Lorinda, you may remember us...Travis and Ann McDowell?? We were in your ward in Springfield. Well I found your blog connected to Andrea Westover's and noticed that you have moved to my home town of Grants Pass! Where do you live?? My parents live off of 'N' Street on Fern. All of your kids have grown up so fast! I remember when I was Sam's sunbeam teacher!!! Well email me mommyduck07@gmail.com
Bye