"The Family Acitivist"

Life has been extremely busy the last week. I'm now our ward's Relief Society president and just recently I stuck my toe in our local politics. Before I knew it - Jay had jumped in with both feet! WOW! What an impact this has been in our home. Our newly elected city council has issues with our city manager. They just can't put their finger on the reasons. So, rather than come clean with legitimate reasons why they can't work with our manager, the city council wants to force him to resign or fire him. Well, anyone that looks into it a little bit, will find these councilors are just plain solid idiots that have no respect for law and order and are acting like spoiled brats when they don't get their way. In the last 5 months, they have had four city attorneys. I could go on all night - but I won't. But a couple weeks ago, I sent an email to our city council/mayor and one of them emailed me back. He was quite condescending and obnoxious and asked for more detail about my previous email. I replied again and he repeated the pattern in his answering email that indicated his ineptness to represent the people of our city. Anyway, Jay became involved and the next thing I knew, he was the head petitioner in an effort to recall two of our city councilors and we plan to recall four more in July. I get daily phone calls from people I've never met asking how they can help and/or where they can sign a petition. It's been very invigorating! Check out our newspaper's video, dated 6-8-09... Click on RECALL. It's kind of boring, but Jay's in it!

5 comments:

Randi said...

That's so cool! Way to get involved. I want to be more involved, but that will probably have to wait until after this little one is at least a few years older!

Lorinda said...

Been there, done that! It does get better and you will have your chance. Do you want to sign the petition? (smile)

Lanette said...

Wow! Go Dad! You're right, the video is boring, but it was fun to watch Dad. :)Love you!

Randi said...

I'd love to sign the petition. Just tell me when and where! :-)

McDowell Family said...

Hey Lorinda! This is Ann McDowell, we were in Springfield 3rd together!! I see you are in GP. I was born and raised there! My parents still live there!! Where do you guys live. We'll have to come see you next time we are home! email me mommyduck07@gmail.com