The KISS: The past week has been kind of crazy. I came home from Utah to find out that an Enrichment Meeting was calendared two weeks later. (I was recently released from Cub Scouts and called to be Enrichment Counselor and I don't have an Enrichment Leader.) So, I began planning a "Garden Party" with tea sets, flowers, appetizers, dainty desserts and a drink. Happily it all came together this past Tuesday and turned out very nicely. But 15 minutes before it was supposed to begin, Jay came in the cultural hall to insist that I go to Sam's Pack Meeting (which was supposed to begin at 6:30.) He was adamant that I could afford five minutes to be with Sam while he received his award. Well just for the record, it took more than five - but it was worth it! Sam and I were invited to the front and they did their thing. Then Jay suggested that Sam give his mother a kiss for helping him so much. Well, it didn't happen. He did succumb to a hug from me. Right after that I turned and tried to escape quickly. Jay called me back and expressed thanks as a Pack for all the time and effort I'd put in as a Den Leader (and Cub Master Assistant to Jay). As he handed me a beautiful pink calla lily, I boldly asked, "Do I get a kiss?" And sure enough - there in front of a bunch of kids AND their parents - Mr. Jones gave me a peckeroo! I loved it!"Ask and ye shall receive."
The KISS: The past week has been kind of crazy. I came home from Utah to find out that an Enrichment Meeting was calendared two weeks later. (I was recently released from Cub Scouts and called to be Enrichment Counselor and I don't have an Enrichment Leader.) So, I began planning a "Garden Party" with tea sets, flowers, appetizers, dainty desserts and a drink. Happily it all came together this past Tuesday and turned out very nicely. But 15 minutes before it was supposed to begin, Jay came in the cultural hall to insist that I go to Sam's Pack Meeting (which was supposed to begin at 6:30.) He was adamant that I could afford five minutes to be with Sam while he received his award. Well just for the record, it took more than five - but it was worth it! Sam and I were invited to the front and they did their thing. Then Jay suggested that Sam give his mother a kiss for helping him so much. Well, it didn't happen. He did succumb to a hug from me. Right after that I turned and tried to escape quickly. Jay called me back and expressed thanks as a Pack for all the time and effort I'd put in as a Den Leader (and Cub Master Assistant to Jay). As he handed me a beautiful pink calla lily, I boldly asked, "Do I get a kiss?" And sure enough - there in front of a bunch of kids AND their parents - Mr. Jones gave me a peckeroo! I loved it!"Ask and ye shall receive."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay Jay!!!!!
Those flowers are pretty! And Dad is a funny man. I'm glad he smooched you! Love you!
Its all those state quarters!!!
Haha. Those flowers ARE pretty!
Post a Comment