Family Home Evening at the Joneses


Background Information: Five weeks ago, Sam came home from school with a huge band-aide on each knee. He had fallen at recess on the pavement and really messed them up. The worst one was three inches long and a good quarter inch wide. Add some abrasion and scratches and it was pretty sore! Well, we tended it and cared for it and four days later, he fell again and tore it open again. We cleaned and cover it again and - within a few days - it happened again. It was now Friday, so I kept him home and encouraged him to rest and let the poor thing heal over the weekend. It was looking great! Three weeks later: He came home yesterday and had scraped up the SAME knee again. They'd covered it at school and it didn't seem to give him much grief.

TODAY: Assignments were made after school for - "the night we've all been waiting for." My goodness - what a chore! We began Family Home Evening with a song which Jay pitched very well - but WAY TOO HIGH for us! We had two kids laughing at that point. Then Jacob (conducting) asked Rachel to say the opening prayer. Hello? Rachel is in Rexburg! Then Jeremy does the scripture but ended up sharing MANY scriptures about mothers. And while he was challenging us to find a scripture of our own about mothers in the 'TROPICAL GUIDE', Sam interrupts to invite, "Does anyone want to sign my band-aid?" By then we were all laughing. Maybe it's one of those things that you just have to be there to appreciate, but it seems to me that our FHEs are just too bizarre!

5 comments:

Lanette said...

Haha :) I miss you guys! WOW, poor Sam! At least you said it's not so bad this time, right? He's such a silly guy, "Does anyone want to sign my band-aid?" ha! :) Love you! I'll call you tonight around 8 your time, ok?

Karen K. said...

Ha Ha! No, you don't have to be there to appreciate it. I really needed a laugh today so that was GREAT! Maybe you should have called Rachel to give the prayer. ;)

Oh, and I'm too lazy to go down and comment on the last post. Your dogwood tree is beautiful. Isn't nice to have those kinds of surprises?

Randi said...

LOL! I love it when FHE's go like that. They are the most memorable. :-) I don't let my husband pitch the songs anymore or else the rest of us have to sing at a level that only dogs can hear!

Oh and Sam's knee reminds me of little Gregory's forehead. He hurt himself a year and a half ago, even has a little scar... and every time he bumps his head it is ALWAYS in that spot!

LOL, thanks for the laugh!

Brandi said...

LOL thats great! I love hearing cute stories like this! I have always loved you guys' family!

Rachel said...

I feel so missed! Haha, I guess that means when I do visit I'll certainly get my fair share of prayers :) I do miss those FHEs.