~Iris Madeline ~
April 8th, 2011
8:04am ~ 5lbs 14oz
18.5 Inches
Iris, named after Lanette’s dear friend, DoRIS MADELINE Proffit, has a diaphramatic hernia, and so basically some of her intestines are in her lungs right now and some other organs are not where they belong. (I think...) She is in the NICU, had surgery on Saturday and is doing very well. This birth defect is relatively common and Physicians are optimistic that everything will be fine. In the meantime, prayers would be appreciated.
The good news: her birth parents have done as they have planned and have signed papers that will allow Lanette and Shaun to adopt her. She is a ward of the state until final adoption, but Lanette and Shaun are her guardians and are responsible for her.
Last, but not least, David turned 23 on Saturday and celebrated the day with an eight hour engineering test. I had forgot it was his birthday, so fortunately Jay's mother reminded me that morning. The day was busy preparing a nice family meal and finishing things up for the open house and it wasn't until 10:50pm that I thought about it again. (That's 11:50 pm in Utah.) I hum hahed a bit, trying to decide what to do. Then decided, that regardless of the time, I couldn't NOT call him, even if it was just to leave a message. That's what I ended up doing and he called back the next morning. Actually, about 10 minutes later. He chatted with Jay, told him about a date he initiated where he and Amy went on a Leaf Hike to find a variety of leaves. He also mentioned that Karina took him a birthday breakfast at 4:30am, and that he felt that he had done well on his engineering test.
Children make us so happy! (most of the time)
No comments:
Post a Comment