Yes --- I'm still alive...






Hello everyone. The last 24 hours have been full of good news, so I'll share it as the highlight of my email.

Rachel is ready to announce her engagement to Brian Bench and the wedding date is May 7th, in the Bountiful Temple. Jay was asked his permission around Thanksgiving, so we've been anxiously awaiting the time when we could share the exciting news. Needless to say, my mind has been abuzz with activity thinking about the fun ahead... Utah visits, family time, sewing stuff, and spending money! Whoo Hoo! Also, Rachel started a full-time position as a preschool teacher last week. She loves it and I'm so pleased for her!

Jay and I celebrated our 25th anniversary with a "Coastal Drive" beginning in Klamath, California. We drove all the way up to Astoria, Oregon, then into Washington and down to Portland. I would highly recommend the Mystery of Trees in the Redwoods of Northern California. The scenery was beautiful, especially the coast in Brookings and the lighthouses. As we headed up north, the weather seemed to digress and we were surrounded with clouds, rain and dismal days. But we enjoyed our leisurely drive.

Jacob is planning another Eagle project at the girl's campground in Lake of the Woods. He continues to covet machines - now it's a lathe -, and he has an order for his jewelry boxes. Three boxes for $200 and that's for a friend. Jeremy is learning to use the power tools in woodshop and plans to attend the snowcamp this weekend with Sam and Jay. Sam went last week to build his igloo, but there was not enough snow - so they built it of wood. The funny thing is, we've had a Ton of rain/wet snow - so I bet the wood cave is now covered with snow! I am so glad that I'm not ever invited to these things. Brrr...

Anyway, we are all well and looking forward to a busy spring.

1 comment:

Lanette said...

Beauitful pictures! Glad to hear you're alive ;) Love you Mom! Can't wait to chat soon, either tomorrow after 8 or over the weekend! Yay!