So - it's time for another blog and it's probably time to change the background, too. But life is crazy and somethings just aren't as important. But for my daughter and friends, I'll do quick post. Jay is the High Counselor over the Young Single Adults. So - Just this past weekend, he had the responsibility of planning and carrying out three meals for 200 for a Regional YSA Conference. Well, for a guy that lived off of pizza, canned soup and cottage cheese as a bachelor - this expectation was totally out of his realm. So - I took pity on him. It was a busy week making 17 angel food cakes, slicing 18lbs of strawberries, pounding and browning 20 pounds of round steak and tons of shopping. But, we pulled it off. To me the amazing thing is that we spent $893.01 for the whole event. That includes gloves to serve with. Anyway - it's done. Now, I must get back to my nightmare project in the living room. Jacob pretty much replaced the trim and added the chair rail. He refuses to let me paint another room until the LR is done. Only problem is - I'm still not sure if I like the colors in there. So sad! So - I'm going to reach out and ask for help. Check out these photos and then tell me...(Just so you know, the photos are all mixed up) 1) Where should I place the bookcases? 2) Does the rug need to go or should I cover the chairs? 3) The color on the top is more peach than anything. Should I repaint it a taupe or cream? 4) What can I do to make it work? I've been looking for fabric for pillows or throw. I haven't been very successful here in GP. 5) What color should I paint the dining room? I'm thinking a lighter plum. 6) I need to paint the fireplace, too. I'm thinking brown and dyeing valance darker to match. HELP!

2 comments:

Lanette said...

We say yes on browning up the fireplace!

LOVE the peach. Don't change it. I think.

Light plum would be a great dining room color! I think that's a great idea.

Okay, you should totally get rid of the rugs and give them to me! They'd match our house! Haha =) I would be serious, but I don't know how we'd get them here, plus I'm hoping to bring out more brown in our living room because the green + the red kitchen scream CHRISTMAS to me, and drives me crazy in the summer. Weird Lanette, I know =) But I think either giving up the rug or covering the chairs is a must. You could do either, but they just can't all be together, I think.

Love you!

Lorinda said...

I've been chatting with folks... and I'm finding I did this all backwards. Fabric, Picture or Rug first - and then the colors to tie it in. This is becoming an expensive lesson.