Age...

In my swim class this morning, Joni asked how old I am. She said, "36?." I thought she was putting me on. She then asked our instructor - she said 38. You've got to be kidding. How can one explain this strange scenario.
--Perhaps the water droplets bring out a younger radiant sheen to my complexion...
--Perhaps the lighting is bad and they can't see the four inches of gray grow-out from my last coloring job. Hmmm...
--Perhaps it's because they are older and everyone looks younger than they really are when you yourself older.
Regardless of the reason, it made me FEEL young. I worked harder, kicked higher. I've decided to routinely cut 10 years off everyone's life and tell them so. It will certainly make the world a better place. (Except you Lanette. It may be hard to explain why my '13' year old is married.

I came across this website with some funny quotes. I copied my favorite, but if you wish to see the whole list... Random Thoughts
~Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
~Insanity is my only means of relaxation.
~Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
~Blessed are those who hunger and thirst, for they are sticking to their diets.
~Perhaps you know why women over fifty don’t have babies; they would put them down somewhere and forget where they left them.
~The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
~The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
~Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.
~Life not only begins at forty, it begins to show.
~I had to give up jogging for my health. My thighs kept rubbing together and setting my pantyhose on fire.

Author Unknown

4 comments:

Karen K. said...

Of course you look young! And I really liked this one: ~Perhaps you know why women over fifty don’t have babies; they would put them down somewhere and forget where they left them.

I'll have to go look at the entire list.

I wish I could talk to you now. I wish you were still working here!!!!! I miss you so much. I am in such a venting mood (what's new!). I am currently dealing with 'cattiness.' WOmen. Hmmmmph.

Love you!

The Romig Chronicles said...

Hooray for looking 36 and 38! Your posts always make me smile and the quotes make me laugh. You have a way with words. Reading your posts is like talking to you in person. Keep them coming!

A water aerobics class sounds lovely!

Debbie said...

Lorinda, thanks for making my day. It is always so nice when others think we are younger than we are. You are such a cutie and you do have a beautiful complexion even when you are not in the water. Thanks for all the great quotes too. I loved them all!

Lanette said...

That's awesome! I think it's true that when people say certain things like that you look younger, thinner, etc. it can make you act differently, in a good way. And when you believe it, it's even more true =) Love you!