Last week on my wedding anniversary, I wrote a poem for Jay. I thought it needed some work, so for Valentine's day I made some changes. Here is the final version. In case you don't know.... I love Mr. Jones!
My life increased with color…
The day that I met you...
Your warm brown eyes
Showed kindness and light;
Warming with gentleness,
Engaging my sight,
My heart and courage, too.
My life increased with color…
The days I spent with you.
Autumn brought new colors
A Season of orange and red.
My admiration grew –
Absorbing everything you said.
Longed for dreams came true.
My life increased in color…
The day I said - “I do”.
Clear winter blue skies
Touched with crispy air,
Billowed with Heavenly
Promises to share –
For years to come with you.
My life increased with color…
With each child born to me.
Bearing sweetness,
Innocence and purity,
Weaving red shades of love
And infinite beauty –
A masterpiece to see.
My life increases with color…
With trips and trails with you.
Trav’ling ‘long the freeways
And the country roads.
My eyes are blessed
As hues and blends unfold
All nature’s green to view.
My life glows with true color…
Each Temple trip with you.
Dressed in white we serve,
Promising to obey.
Pondering on eternity,
Taking time to pray –
And covenants renew.
So, thanks to you…
My life is full of color...
Delicate rainbow hues.
Drawn and colored
With the joys of living,
Shaped and gentled
With constant forgiving –
Loving it with you!
--Lorinda Cook Jones
Written Feb 7, 2010
Revised Feb 14, 2010
3 comments:
That was beautiful! Very eloquent. He's a very lucky man, MRS. Jones!
Lorinda, that is so sweet and special. I think that Mr. Jones is truly blessed in having you for his wife and your blessed also for having such a good man by your side. Thanks for sharing this beautiful poem.
Awwww =) I love your poem, Madre, and I love you!
Post a Comment