For some reason, I hesitate to blog - thinking that my days are boring and uninteresting to anyone. But, tonight I read my sister-in-law's blog and realized, I just need to write about my day or week. I can do that! Just share the highlights. So, here goes!
Christmas was wonderful! I have been so blessed with wonderful children and they all came home for Christmas. I didn't want to be overwhelmed with work while everyone else was vacationing, so I created a chore chart. Everyone took it in stride and helped. It was enjoyable for all! We tried to have nightly devotionals (song, prayer, thought) and Jaycia, a foreign exchange student from China, made dinner one night of spring rolls and cabbage porridge. We also enjoyed time with my neice, Courtney. She was a great guest and never complained about sleeping on the couch. Now that the New Year is here, I've spent some time thinking back and planning ahead. The past year included tons of travel. I drove to Utah/Idaho five times and just last week made another trip to return Rachel to her favorite location of Rexburg. As we drove through Oregon, I fantasized about moving back to Idaho and envisioned more time for family togetherness. We crossed the Idaho border and stopped in Twin for a bathroom break. I stepped out of the car and about froze to death! Talk about frigid! It was 3 degrees. That quickly terminated the desire to move back. Sheesh! But I enjoyed the trip, enjoyed time with Rachel and arranged to be there to celebrate my mom's 81st birthday. I always love to be with my mom and my bothers and sisters. My mom has influenced me more than anyone else. She instilled a sense of love and belonging in our crazy family and made faith and prayer the main course of each day. She was way overworked caring for ten children, but she made time for fun and family. We often played "Fox and Geese" in the winter and "Red Rover, Red Rover" at other times. I'm so grateful she's mine! I know she loves me. Anyway - kudos to my mom!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Lorinda...it is so nice to see you blogging again. It was so nice to see you at Grandma's party and it was so nice to see all of the siblings and spouses. You do have a great family and you are right, you're mom is the greatest and I admire her and I always have. I hope when I grow up I can be just like her. Take care! Keep on blogging!!!