Feeling old and out of shape? I can sympathize. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I combat this by heading up to Club Northwest! There I participate in Aqua Aerobic classes, stretches and swimming. For an idea of what we do, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2EttlQYwZQ&NR=1
It's great! After the classes, I love to swim laps. I enjoy swimming across the pool and back float (while moving my arms and legs)to the opposite end again. It feels so good to lie there and stretch out... I feel like Drew Barrymore in "Everlasting."
It's interesting hanging out at the club pool! They have cane holders (kind of like umbrella holders) by the stairs heading in/out of the pool and on a typical day I see at least one and sometimes three walkers parked by the edge. Can you imagine? Yesterday an old gentleman asked if one of the canes were mine. Hopefully by working a bit now, I can avoid such things later. I volunteer at Club Northwest by cleaning one night a week. That allows me and my whole family to use the facilites. Jeremy loves the pool, so about two months ago I bought a new suit that I thought would be perfect. With the classes I take, it's become a bit of a problem. The skirt, which begins below the bodice and stops six inches above my knee, floats up and surrounds me like a floatation device. As I perform the aerobice activities, I'm constantly batting it down like an unwanted fly! Another dilemna occured the other day. I like to keep things simple so I put my suit on at home, throw a loose dress over the top and head for the club. Once at the club, I went into the pool area and began to yank off the dress. It turned inside out and dang if the white stitching in contrast to the black/red fabric (which at the time I thought "No big deal. No one will ever see it!)didn't screamed loud and clear - "HOMEMADE by stupid person!" Sheesh! Talk about regret. Oh well. It didn't seem to affect my swimming skill. It's still lacking, but with practice - I will get better! Well, I best go. After chatting with Jay about the financial crisis and the economy - we decided to take a lump sum of 'moola' from savings and buy some food storage basics. When things get bad, we may be homeless - but we'll have wheat and oatmeal to share with the others down by the river. (Eugene joke!) Really, I feel more secure having a quantity of basic food that I know is there... and at this point I'm feeling it's not an 'if we need it' but WHEN. Have a great day everyone!
10 comments:
Haha, oh Mom. Up the river huh? Maybe we can camp next door. :) I love you.
I'm sorry about your swimming skirt! Can you safety pin it or something for the class? Or is that lame?
I've wondered about hair ties - two little skirttails... or maybe clips (like those magnetic ones on the fridge...) Showing up with either of those things can't be much worse than showing the world my white stitching!
Magnetic clips? That might work, but wouldn't they be heavy? You're so funny--why don't you just tuck the skirt up under the leg holes once you get in the water? Or is it too long?
Here's a story about embarrassing clothing you might enjoy--I'm at school and there's a big purple stain on my shirt and my jeans, and I have NO IDEA where it came from! It's huge and really dark and obvious on my white shirt. I look gross, so Shaun is bringing me a new shirt in a couple of hours. Until then I have to walk around looking like I don't clean my clothes. So sad. :)
Shall we gather at the river... Oh, never mind. We don't sing that hymn. Guess we should, huh? I'm hoping you're going to be at the Eugene river cuz our wheat and pasta are getting really, really old. Mmmm. Canny taste.
Thanks for the laugh. I'm still giggling. Homemade dress and a walker and a suit that flies around. Ok. Now I'm laughing so hard (at my work desk no less) that the tears are coming. Maybe you can sew that suit down with white thread?
YES! That's it! I'll sew it down - with WHITE THREAD! I've actually figured out both dilemnas. You know how we used to tie a knot in our shirts in the 80's? That worked well today for the swimsuit. As for the white thread, I go to the dressing room to disrobe. Too funny!
Man, I would love doing those classes with you- even if everyone else is double, triple my age?... and I think you mean "Ever After" instead of "Everlasting" but they are pretty much the same thing ;) and homemade clothes arent that bad- i bet they are all jealous of your sweet skills!
*gasps* Mom's not triple your age, Rachel! I would give her extra chores for that, Mom. Although it is way hard to keep track of your age, after you lied about turning 40 :)
NEW POST! NEW POST! NEW POST! :) No pressure or anything. I love you!
It's October 29th. NEW POST NEW POST NEW POST!
I didnt mean that mom was triple my age- I meant (and mom has told me this too) that other ladies there are triple my age- anyhow- with this new work schedule of mine I think working out in the early mornings before work would be perfect...lots more mother- daughter time :)
Post a Comment