Halloween
Sam lost ANOTHER tooth!
Abby... and Dad's 'HAIRDO'.
Halloween was celebrated three times this year.
* Our ward activity on the 16th. Jay worked in the fish pond with the little ones all night long. Mom had an attitude and went home with Jacob. Jeremy wandered and Sam and Louis hung around for the evening as an unlikely pair - DUCK and BEAVER. They are way too cute. It included games in the building and then 'trunk and treating' outside in the parking lot.
* Then someone in the ward created a list for Saturday night. (We had about 30-40 kids then.)
* And of course, Halloween night we had another bunch.
Last night, the Ledesma family came over for dinner and Abby was on a roll. She first RAN up to me to give me a hug. Then she RAN around the house like a banshee and then she made her first mistake , she RAN to Dad. He grabbed her and trapped her for quite some time. But it was very amusing. He taught her the 'salt shaker trick.' Hmm, if you don't know what that is, you'll have to ask him for a show. He'd love to do it for you. That lasted for a long long time. She loved seeing him shake all that salt on the table and was anxious to do it herself. Hopefully, we made it clear that she could only do that at the Joneses. Then began playing in it and watching attentively while Jay prepared everything for the 'trick'. After many unsuccessful attempts, finally it worked. Yeah! With that done, she began to pat and slap his cheeks. Ouch! I asked her not to do that. So she just moved upward... to his hair. He so patiently allowed her to play in his hair - pushing it back, pulling it forward, pulling it up and patting it back down - giving him "hairdos". My goodness - it was way too entertaining to watch. As usual, I ran to get the camera and the batteries were dead. But, I'm sure you can use your imagination.
We - are all well, though Jacob and Jeremy are burning the candle at both ends. I have no idea how they get up at 5:30am, but grateful they kindly leave us alone until 6:15. Sam is looking forward to singing the verse about Samuel in the primary program with Louis and Gwen (Louis' sister). I heard him practicing in his room last night. He's good!
1 comment:
Awww, what cute little football rivals! I wish there were pics of Dad's hair, but you're right--I had fun imagining it =)
Post a Comment