.... Another week! .... Another tooth!






As I contemplated the week, I thought "Alas - another boring week." But after looking at the pictures - there's hope for a decent email. So - first of all ...

I enjoyed a very quiet babysitting experience Saturday. I agreed to meet Eve Ledesma down at the Medford Temple. The plan was that I would babysit Lucas outside while she, her mom and her sister did some service inside. So we met in the parking lot, I took the baby car seat filled with baby and blankets. Pulled the diaper bag over my shoulder and headed to the van while Eve went running toward the temple. I set Lucas in the passenger side and I sat back in the driver’s seat all prepared to crochet, read or make notes for shopping. Lucas kept squeaking and making distracting noises. I'd totally forgotten about that aspect of a newborn. He slept and slept and after a half hour of sitting in the warm, quiet and sun-drenched interior of the van, I decided he had a smart plan. So I leaned back the seat and took a wee nap. Very nice. He slept the whole time and knowing that once he awoke he'd be hungry for his momma, I was very happy to accommodate him. He's a sweet little thing.

Wednesday, our Troop sponsored a Court of Honor where Jeremy and Jacob both received merit badges earned at Scout Camp. They look so handsome in their scout uniforms. I'm not sure where Jacob's eagle project sits. My understanding is that the city department head is causing grief. They aren't answering Jacob's calls and aren't cooperating with days. They were insisting that he work on a Sunday. Jacob basically said no way. So - he may be back at the drawing board of beginning again on a different plan. What a shame. Anyway - that's what's up with that.

My Jeremy is an interesting boy. His room is too hot, so he's been sleeping on our patio. He started out on the trampoline but threatening rain has moved him to the patio furniture. Doesn't seem very comfortable and Jacob (who wakes him for Seminary) gripes frequently about having to go out there to wake him. Even after one night of accidentally locking him out, night after night - that's where he heads.

The ward Harvest Party was Saturday and a few dressed up for the occasion. Jacob went because he heard there would be fresh homemade rolls, Sam went to hang out with Louis, Dad went to run the fish pond, Jeremy for candy, and Lorinda went "'cause she's 'posed to." I thought Bryn's nerd costume was great! I loved her glasses.

And now - the thrill of the week...
I don't know what it is about pulling out teeth, but I do believe it's the highlight of motherhood. Really -- I can be baking, reading or sleeping - but when the opportunity to pull a tooth out of my child's mouth comes along - I am eager to do the job. It's exhilarating and empowering to have your child come to you and say, "My tooth is loose. Will you pull it out?" "YES" I try to calmly say." Would you like me to use the pliers, floss or just yank it?" So to explain the reason of my outburst, Sam gave me the privilege of pulling his took last night. That must be why I slept so well. The ending of a perfect week.
Take care!

Lorinda (October 18, 2010)

No comments: