CRAZY WOMAN

Life is busy is a good way. This morning I decided it was time to finish the living room which means -- filling holes in the fireplace brick so it can be painted, removing varnish from one bookcase so Jacob can stain them both again and Jay can fill them up with books. Also, I really must repaint the entry. So, I'm being productive and answering the phone like a good housewife. I come back from the call wanting Karina to buy disability insurance (I don't think so!) and I notice two women on my porch. Ah, no! Sheesh! I don't have time to talk to JWs. So I hide in the corner. Yah, right – a corner with two huge picture windows on each side of me. I realize that just isn't going to work, so I carefully drop to my knees and then to the floor until I am face down and flat out. I remained there through a door bell…, a pause…, a knock…, a pause…, another pause. I think it's safe – so up I come. Whew! They are down the street. Now is that ridiculous or what. I so wonder about myself.

2 comments:

Karen K. said...

THAT IS SO FUNNY! What do you think people do when our missionaries come to the door? What did they do when you came to THEIR doors in Chile? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Remind me to share with you a story from one of my friends who served in Argentina (as an adult). You'll like it. :)

Lanette said...

Hahaha =) One amazing things about Utah, the JW missionaries don't seem to even bother trying here. I think it is pretty funny though, that that's the same thing people do to LDS missionaries too. And by the way, sounds like a productive day! I missed talking to you this weekend. Our company left early this morning, so I'll cal you soon. Love you!