I've been so busy! Sewing a formal dress for Lanette, and beach wear for a friend. Also, I've saving and spending and coveting and planning... Several months ago, I figured out that if I want to make home improvements, I have to budget for it. So - I spent my first $200 on a new kitchen faucet and a plumber friend gave us a wonderful used sink. Thankfully, all those hours of watching DIY have been beneficial to Jacob. It was all very interesting. The old sink was cast iron and heavier than we could have imagined. Of course, after we removed the disposal, that took some of the weight off. But really, we couldn't budge it. I had a great idea... use the car jack and jack it up to break the seal and get it started. So that's what we ended up doing. Jacob took the old plumbing out and replaced all the new. I'm very impressed that my 15 year old did all that. Jay was in Utah and out of the way. (Ha ha ha!) Anyway we are happy with the final result. I love having new stuff. It renews the desire to keep things tidy and clean.
I've been so busy! Sewing a formal dress for Lanette, and beach wear for a friend. Also, I've saving and spending and coveting and planning... Several months ago, I figured out that if I want to make home improvements, I have to budget for it. So - I spent my first $200 on a new kitchen faucet and a plumber friend gave us a wonderful used sink. Thankfully, all those hours of watching DIY have been beneficial to Jacob. It was all very interesting. The old sink was cast iron and heavier than we could have imagined. Of course, after we removed the disposal, that took some of the weight off. But really, we couldn't budge it. I had a great idea... use the car jack and jack it up to break the seal and get it started. So that's what we ended up doing. Jacob took the old plumbing out and replaced all the new. I'm very impressed that my 15 year old did all that. Jay was in Utah and out of the way. (Ha ha ha!) Anyway we are happy with the final result. I love having new stuff. It renews the desire to keep things tidy and clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay for a new sink! It look great and I think it makes it all the better that Jacob installed it. I would be at a loss for such a job. It is amazing how little things make such a difference in the way your home looks. We put blinds in Ruby's room yesterday, so she could have privacy and the room looks completely different.
I remember you mentioning in your Christmas letter to us that you enjoy checking my mom's blog. If you would like updates on us straight from the horses mouth, this is our address www.rubymama05.blogspot.com
I also can't wait to see the beautiful dress you made for Lanette. I am anxious for her update on the traditions ball.
I love your blog!
I'm also anxious to see Lanette in the dress. Thanks for blog info.
I LOVE a finished project and I believe every family needs a handy 15 year around:)Nicely done!
Post a Comment